1.05.2010

The Taj Mahal

We thought we could apply for a Thai visa by courier service in Agra and therefore see the Taj Mahal and avoid going to Mumbai. After a long, cold over night train ride from Benares, two birds with one stone became one silly trip to the Taj. It turned out the courier service didn't handle foreign passports through Agra. Oh well, we still had the last sightseeing excursion of Team Tourist (Lee, Steph, Josh and me). We had to get back on the train six hours after we arrived in Agra, so we headed straight for the Taj after taking a quick shower in our Australian friends' room. What can we say? Yes, it's every bit as stunning and beautiful as everyone says.
They wouldn't let me wear my new silly hat from Nepal into the Taj. The hat received dozens of comments and compliments as I walked through town, however.


Breath taking!
It's big.
We did it!


We pinched it!


We did some yoga around it! Until the guards yelled at us that is...








The jewel inlays were particularly stunning.



After a painfully below average lunch, we got back on the train and headed to Pune.


1 comment:

Holly said...

I LOVE THE HAT!
I LOVE THE PINCHING OF THE TAJ!!
I LOVE YOU SQUARED!!!
holly!!!!